has the active Ingredients: 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate, 2% Miconazole Nitrate.
These active ingredients are synergistic, they work better together than the sum total of the two acting separately.
A topical keratolytic, Antifungal, Antibacterial, Antipruritic. Aids in the treatment of: Seborroheic dermatitis; Dermatophytosis.
Clinical trials have shown Malaseb™:
- Is an effective treatment for dogs with dermatitis associated with Malassezia pachydermatis and Staphylococcus intermedius. (Bond et al 1995, Mason 1994, Atwell 1994).
- Significantly reduces the numbers of yeast in the oral cavity, a common carriage site, when used topically. (Bond et al 1998).
- Is clinically effective in reducing pruritus, erythema and scaling.
Medicated Shampoo is the first choice in topical therapy for ringworm infections and all in-contact animals. Independent clinical studies have shown that used twice weekly in conjunction with systemic therapy will:
- Result in a quicker clinical and mycological resolution of signs then with systemic therapy alone. (Sparkes et al, 2000, Patterson et al, 1999).
- Reduce environmental contamination and zoonotic potential by killing infective spores on the coat. (Sparkes et al, 2000, Patterson et al, 1999, Frost et al, 2000).